Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1

From: Marcus Moeller
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Ucclia alpha 1
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 10:49:17 +0100

Dear Sam.

I would like to announce gNewSense 4, codenamed Ucclia, version alpha
1. This is not yet the complete desktop, but should get you a usable
system at least.

Download links:

http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/ucclia/main/installer-amd64/4.0-alpha1/images/netboot/mini.iso
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/ucclia/main/installer-i386/4.0-alpha1/images/netboot/mini.iso
http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense/dists/ucclia/main/installer-mipsel/4.0-alpha1/images/loongson-2f/netboot/

Please test and provide feedback.

I have tried to install it on a i686 box and noticed a few things:

The installation has been done using a usb key. The usb device has been detected as /dev/sda and the interal hd as /dev/sdb which I have not seen using the original d-i

I have selected UK mirror which seems to be fine in general.

Installation then fails after tasksel, where I have kept default selections (which is Debian Desktop, SSH, Printing ...).

I was not able to get up a running Ucclia installation this way.

Greetings
Marcus