[Gnewsense-dev] builder setup

From: Worthem, Dennis
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] builder setup
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 17:27:36 -0500

 Hello Sam,

I have been working on setting up the http (Apache) setting for the builder environment.

For example, for REPOAPT=http://127.0.0.1/$DISTRONAME_L or localhost/$DISTRONAME_L

where DISTRONAME_L is gnewsense.

I created a symbolic link from /var/www/html/ as gnewsense to /media/dennis/Elements/builder/srv/gnewsense.

where /var/www/html contains index.html which is the Apache 2 Debian default page. Also Elements is the volume name of my external drive.

In the browser, localhost, brings up the default page. When I enter localhost/gnewsense I get the 403 Forbidden error and in the error.log

I have the error:

          Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible: /var/www/html/gnewsense

It is not clear to me how to fix this after some internet searches.

Does the apache user (www-data) have to be given read and or execute privileges to /media/dennis/Elements/builder/srv/gnewsense?

Thanks much,

Dennis