Re: [Gnewsense-dev] builder setup

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] builder setup
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:01:02 +0100

Hi Dennis,

> ls -la for /media/dennis/Elements/builder/srv/gnewsense
>
>   with the results:
>
>           total 12
>           drwx------ 1 dennis dennis     0 Dec 31 18:37 .
>           drwx------ 1 dennis dennis     0 Dec 31 18:20 ..
>           -rw------- 1 dennis dennis 10701 Dec 31 17:44 index.html
>

> did the same for /var/www/html/gnewsense
>
>   with the same  results for ls -la
>

> Is there anything else I need to do?

you still get the 403 ?
I also use an external HD, but mount it to /srv (which i created)
using nginx to serve the files i had a similar problem.

i had to make the /srv folder owned by www-data:www-data or i get a 403
(user and group)
I think that if nginx encounters a folder not owned by it's user on the
path to the files you want to serve it throws a 403, i assume apache has
a similar policy

not sure if this helps