gnewsense-users

[gNewSense-users] Weekly statistics update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly statistics update.
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 19:21:08 +0100

Hi, everybody!

It's that time of the week, again.

Bugs:

Unfortunately we have an increase of 1 bug since last week (guilty, sorry).

Some work has continued on the bugs, but the overall number is up.

Package Freedom Verification (PFV):

It's been a slow week over in the PFV area.  We still have 115 package
sections, of which, 59 are certified 100% free.  This is an increase
of 1 section.

When I checked, there seemed to be at least 3 package sections that
could be 100% free, with a bit more work.,.  I know time is a
commodity, but we need an extra push to keep moving forward.

This week I introduced a table on the packages page, that acknowledges
the effort that people are putting into PFV work.  I must stress that
this is not a league table, or competition to see who has done the
most freedom checking.

I am bound to have made simple mistakes on the table, so please check it for me.

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain

If you have done PFV work and do not appear on this table, then I
apologize.  You should be on the table, because the project wants to
recognize your work.

It is up to all of us to update this table, as more sections are
freed, so please jump-in and have a go.

At the time of writing, the table looks a little like this:

RANK    Name                 Number of sections adopted
1           TWK                    16
2           chris_debian        15
3           lee797                 11
4           tryggvib               6
5           Edi                       5
6           petrock                4
=7        broam                  3
=7        kdean06              3
=7        laidbackvampire  3
=7        Mr_Smiley            3
11         Davo_Dinkum      2

Can I please urge existing PFV checkers, potential checkers and all on
the list to consider adopting a package section.  We need all the help
we can get.

It is this work that sets gNewsense (gNS) apart and above other
distributions.  As a side note, if we get MAIN checked, I am sure
BrianB will be more inclined to consider a new and more up to date
Ubuntu release to base gNS on.  This will mean increased hardware
support, and more features.

Thanks to everyone.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/