gnewsense-users

[gNewSense-users] Weekly statistics update.

From: Chris Andrew
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Weekly statistics update.
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:36:26 +0100

Hi, everybody.

It's stats time, again [1]!

Looks like we had a slow week.

Bugs:

Last week we had 23 open bugs, and this week we have 32.  This is an
increase of 9.  I suspect we haven't actually raised any new bugs, but
last weeks figures didn't include the _Needs Info_ open bugs
(probably).

Package Freedom:

Firstly an apology.  Whilst working on a script, Markus counted the
number of sections currently in Packages/ MAIN [2].  He came-up with a
figure of 113 (obviously can't count).  I challenged him accordingly,
thinking that we have two more sections (115).

Well, it seems that I can't count and Markus is spot-on.
Subsequently, even though only one new section was liberated this week
(not sure who, as many of the edits aren't commented), we have
actually done a little better.

We now have 63 sections out of 113 that are 100% free- that's
approximately 71% of MAIN.

It appears that we still have an amount of data missing on the
Packages/ MAIN page, with only 3 out of 11 PFV contributors actually
recording the number of packages sections that are 100% free.  The
table at the top of the Packages/ MAIN page is a great way to see at a
glance, what is happening.  Please can you complete the table.

Additionally, it means that you get the recognition that you have earned.

Starting next week, we are going to be using the script that Markus
developed, in order to try and focus effort on PFV areas that are
struggling.

I'm still looking for a volunteer to take ownership of this.  With a
bit of luck, all that will be required, is for someone to set-up a new
table, for the data to go in.  Markus is 99% finished on the script
output (Cheers, Markus).  The script will deduce much of the
information from the last column in the Packages/ MAIN table.  This
means that it is most important that you update this column every time
you update your section.

Thanks for your effort this week.  I know it wasn't our best week, but
I guess everyone was evaluating Gutsy.

Looking forward to a good week, this week.

Many thanks.

Cheers,

Chris.

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp

[2] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/PackagesInMain

--
Reasons why you may want to try GNU/Linux:

http://www.getgnulinux.org/

A great GNU/Linux distro:

http://wiki.gnewsense.org/