gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Where's laptop advice? I started a wiki page...
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 06:11:12 -0700

On Sep 1, 2009, at 9:24 PM, Victor Cortiano <address@hidden> wrote:

Let's forget the BIOS for a moment

If non-free software were found within gNewSense, would forgetting about it be an acceptable option? Of course not: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/CommunityGuidelines . The BIOS is software. Recommending the use of non-free software seems contrary to the stated goals of this project.

Since gNewSense is recommended by the FSF, shouldn't we be taking their lead on the BIOS issue? It seems that we should only recommend machines that can run with 100% free software.