gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Vrms Comments

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Vrms Comments
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 18:37:50 +0100

Ted Smith wrote:

It uses the FSF definition as much as Debian uses the DFSG.

Its behaviour is very broken, it uses a list generated by repositories and it looks at an exclude file for things are known bugs in Debian.

This list is not FSF Free, it certainly does not exist in parallel with anything we write.

Essentially nice try, but it fails, and will do so unless it links to our list as time goes by.

Even then it has to be along side things that are removed and then let back (GLX for instance).

So to discuss it is a waste of energy, what is needed is to fix it, and given that it is a moving target I think the best answer to it is to ignore its presence on planet Earth.

Regards,
Paul