gnewsense-users

Re: [gNewSense-users] Any idea of when gNS 3.0 will be out, or in an RCx

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Any idea of when gNS 3.0 will be out, or in an RCx state.
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:29:53 -0300

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:50:13 +0930
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:41:39 -0300
> Freemor <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I'm just wondering if anyone here has an idea of when gNS 3.0
> > will hit the streets. or at least be at an RCx level. [ ... ] I'm
> > excited about gNS being based on Squeeze. [ ... ]
>
> Late this year is when I expect Debian will release squeeze[1]. Should
> that be true, late this year is when you can expect gNS 3.

With it being so far off (relatively speaking (remember twitchy, cutting
edge liking, person here, but main laptop is Asterisk/webserver, etc))
how Beta is beta on 3.0? I did some light testing and it seems fairly
stable. Plus I have a machine that likes gNS (no weird drivers
needed etc.) If we are talking "most things work but needs more
testing." I may image the current partition and then try the upgrade. If
it's "early testing lots breaks and even things that do work might break
later.." then not so much.

Regards
Freemor

--