Re: nokia6210 & GNOKIID Version 0.4.0pre19

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: nokia6210 & GNOKIID Version 0.4.0pre19
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 15:18:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Wolfram Brenig wrote:

> i can't get gnokii to work with my nokia 6210.
> any help would be most appreciated.
[...]
> this was when i thought that it was about time to '...have a lot of fun...'
> so i did:
>  > /usr/sbin/gnokiid
> GNOKIID Version 0.4.0pre19
> GSM/FBUS init failed!
> VM_Initialise - VM_GSMInitialise failed!

gnokiid is sotfware modem emulator. It means you can use standard AT
command to talk to the phone using this emulator. It was designed for the
phones that didn't allow this: Nokia 61x0 and Nokia 51x0. As Nokia 6210
does understand them and the DLR3P cable (and IRDA) can work in the modem
mode gnokiid does not support Nokia 6210.