Re: Nokia 8290

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 8290
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 14:52:12 +0200 (CEST)

On 2 Aug 2002, Roger wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 17:28, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > On 2 Aug 2002, Roger wrote:
> >
> > > mandrake cooker kernel-2.4.18.18mdk-1-1mdk
> > >
> > > this thread is getting off track and this data should be on the irda
> > > mailling list...but here goes anyways:
> > >
> > > after hooking wvdial into /dev/ircomm2, i got some activity on ircomm2,
> > > but on the other channels, i only get something like:
> >
> > Your setup seems confusing for me. Are you able to enable irda device at
> > all? Not particularly with the phone?
>
> i have no other irda devices. and nothing shows in the
> /proc/net/irda/discovery file.

It means that lowlevel connection does not work. SO no problem with
gnokii, but with the irda connection.

> > How many serial ports do you have? How many of them are shown on the
> > startup? If you have one serial port and two of them appear on startup you
> > should disable /dev/ttyS1 with setserial.
>
> i have my main serial port on this laptop disabled. i have a lt_modem
> (win-modem drivers package) installed that gives me /dev/ttySLT0. on
> startup, i do have one called /dev/ttyS1 (but i believe that this is my
> irda device that is assigned via the laptops bios.)

I don't think I understood what you wrote here. Please show the relevant
part from dmesg for the serial ports and say how many phisical ports do
you have there. This will be a good begnining.

> probabely my main question for this list is to find-out if anybody has
> even gotten their nokia 8290 working with gnokii.

I don't think so, but you may search the archive to find the answer.