Re: Nokia 8290

From: Roger
Subject: Re: Nokia 8290
Date: 05 Aug 2002 18:21:04 -0400

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 15:10, Markus Plail wrote:

> Try to add Nokia 8290 to common/devices/unixirda.c
ok. done & recompiled.

changed "/etc/gnokiirc" to show "model = 6110" (specifying anything else
results in a fault during execution)

# gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.4.2a
IMEI         : (unknown)
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : NSB-7
Revision     : SW:  5.22
08-11-01

it took along time to dump this info. irdadump looked like it was
dumping allot of repitition info (but i don't have the knowledge to
compare the packets)

YES! snokii just downloaded my "phonebook" successfully. however, it
took allot longer to do so then gsmlib (or maybe even mygnokii2).
Saving was reasonabley fast.

Ok. mark this phone as working. just add the "8290" to the .c file you
stated above! ;-) and use "model = 6110" within the /etc/gnokiirc file.

about the only thing that doesn't appear to work is the calendar in
xgnokii. or it's just taking longer then >5 minutes to download (seeing
activity on irdadump). contacts/phonebook *does work*. sms menu does
show (but not tested).