Re: Problems sending SMSes with 6210

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Problems sending SMSes with 6210
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:06:04 +0100

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:15:49AM +0100, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
[snip]
> > Uechh... Bozo in which gnokii version were the retransmission changes?
> > I'd like Kurt and others to test this version.
>
> I took a look into the traces. It contains retransmissions, because the
> phone didn't send the acknowledge frame (and this is the correct behaviour).
> If the write() isn't succeeds it can be the true reason behind these
> problems (a longer frame may overflows the kernel buffer and the phone
> gets only a truncated frame).
>
> Please checkout the current cvs and test it again. If the problem still
> presents please send us another debug output.

hmm, this is not true bugreport, but...

either use the same way for _all_ output devices or use function like
xwrite as implemented in common/links/atbus.c

i'd vote for implementing such feature in link layer (maybye in utils.c)
rather than put all such mess in device layer. i'd say device layer
should be keept as simple and straightforward as possible.

        ladis