Re: New at the list

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: New at the list
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 23:58:51 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 01:48:51PM -0300, Fernando Gabriel Barceló Tomás wrote:
> Just triing the gnokii software with my Nokia 7160 phone.
> I have some problems with the sincronization off the phonebook, it hangs
> after get 20 registers with a time out, I can get all the registers with
> an append like this
> address@hidden:~/gnokii$ gnokii --getphonebook ME 340 end >>phonebook
> GNOKII Version 0.4.3
> Lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 is stale. Overriding it..
> Empty memory location. Skipping.
> Empty memory location. Skipping.
> Empty memory location. Skipping.
> Timeout: aborting command ``/usr/lib/gnokii/gnokii'' with signal 9
> /usr/bin/gnokii: line 16:  7576 Terminado (killed)      timeout $TIMEOUT
> $BINARY $@
> Then i do a tail of this and get the last register number to do the next
> ask, but.
> Why have I this problem?

IMHO you are using a debian package. In this case /usr/bin/gnokii is a
script which calls /usr/lib/gnokii/gnokii. Please try to use the real
executable (/usr/lib/gnokii/gnokii) directly. If it works, please notify
the package maintainer.

By the way 0.4.3 is quite old. If the problem still exists you can try
the latest pre release or the cvs version (preferred). It contains a
lot of important changes.

Bye,
Bozo