Re: OpenBSD3.2 and Gnokii rc3.

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: OpenBSD3.2 and Gnokii rc3.
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 01:42:25 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:10:53AM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, tefol tefol wrote:
>
> > I still got problems.  ./configure seems to work good,  but gmake gives me a
> > bunch of _gettext errors.  I have attached a tar that includes the full
> > output of my build attempt,  the config.log and the include/config.h just on
> > the off chance it might show someone the thing that I'm missing.
>
> No idea what caused the problem, but the CVS update should eliminate the
> warnings you get (I hope). Also the configure.in and configure have some
> of my debug messages that didn't get into CVS. I generated the tarball
> from the wrong directory -- sorry about that, but that's harmless, just
> few extra lines in the configure output.

There were some bugs left. I hope I managed to eliminate these. The cvs
version should be compiled on FreeBSD and OpenBSD systems. If something
is wrong please let us know.

Some users reported *BSD compilation problems. The duplicated declaration
of the uint8_t type aborted the compilation on some platforms. The
other problem was the missing libintl.h header or missing _gettext
symbols.

On some BSD systems the gcc wont search in /usr/local, and the gettext
package are installed under it. There are two solutions: you can disable
nls support (add --disable-nls to the command line arguments of the
configure script) or you can add it to the search path:

$ CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include LIBS=-L/usr/local/lib ./configure

Bye,
Bozo