Re: Phones getting killed when using smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Phones getting killed when using smsd
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 17:37:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Jan Derfinak wrote:

> Pawel, recently I wrote an application with gsmlib. It seems that gsmsmsd is
> able to be notified when new sms arrived without loop. It uses AT+CNMI
> command for this purpose.
> Do we have such function in gnokii?

We do. See GN_OP_OnSMS and GN_OP_PollSMS message types and smsreader()
function in gnokii.c. There are few problems with these functions. First
one is that not all phones do support it. Second is that it is not
implemented in every driver that supports it. Third is that if I remember
correctly it did hang my 6130 sometimes.

But anyway, it would be good to have it implemented in at least newer
drivers (nk7110, nk6210, at).