Re: somebody here ever connected Zaurus5500g to Nokia Handy?

From: Ekkard Gerlach
Subject: Re: somebody here ever connected Zaurus5500g to Nokia Handy?
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 16:00:11 +0200

* BORBELY Zoltan schrieb:

> > connection = infrared
> > #connection = serial
> >
> > port = /dev/ircomm
> > #port = /dev/ttyS0
> > #port = /dev/ttyS1
>
> In this case (6110 and compatibles with infrared support) you have to
> specify a serial device (e.g. /dev/ttySx).
I've read this message in a 2 years old thread with Pawel Kot.
I already tried connection = infrared  with port = /dev/ttyS0  or
port = /dev/ttyS1. But no success. Always the same error:
GSM/FBUS init failed!

Has the device /dev/ttyS0 /S1 to be configured somehow special?
Perhaps make a link on /dev/ircomm?

BTW: on my laptop I configured on USB-adapter: port = /dev/usb/ttyUSB0
    .. and I have success!

Ist there something special with /dev/ircomm?

tia
Ekkard