Re: Nokia 6610i

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Nokia 6610i
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 20:58:05 +0200

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 19:41, Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
> * Aart Koelewijn schrieb:
>
> > I just exchanged my Nokia 6110 for a Nokia 6610i. I got the 6610i
>
> OT: how did you get working 6110? - loading modules irda, ircomm-tty
> and ircomm? Then starting gnokiid?
> Of course I've set model = 6110 , port = /dev/ircomm0 and
> connection = irda. I don't get any connections to my laptop
> Acer LCI291 with Suse 9.1.  :-(

6110 CAN NOT USE IRDA, unload all irda modules.

I used in ~/.gnokiirc:
port = /dev/ttyS1
model = 6110
connection = infrared

in the connect script
/dev/gnokii

I could not get my 6110 to work with an irda dongle connected to my
desktop (that could only do irda), but on my laptop I could choose
different types of set-up for the IR port. I have now set it to IRDA for
the 6610i, the other possibilities where SIR or FIR I think, I used one
of those. It worked well for about two years, these last months data
transfer over the gsm network is getting unreliable, at least I'm having
lots of troubles and I haved heard the same from two friends, different
phones, different providers, so I now want to try a data connection over
GPRS, I'm told that should work better.

Aart

Aart