Re: Nokia 6610i

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Nokia 6610i
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:11:55 +0200

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 21:06, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 19:50, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 04:05:26PM +0200, Aart Koelewijn wrote:
> > > I just exchanged my Nokia 6110 for a Nokia 6610i. I got the 6610i
> > > working with /dev/ircomm0, model AT, connection serial. This gives
> > > limited functionality (gnokii --identify and --monitor work, xgnokii
> > > connects, but when I try to download contacts it reports the number of
> > > contacts right (I think) but downloads only a few of them)
> > >
> > > I also tried model = 6610, connection = irda as I expected more
> > > functionality that way, but I get:
> > >
> > > GNOKII Version 0.6.3
> > > Could't open PHONET device: unknown file or dir
> > > Telephone interface init failed: Command failed
> > > Quitting
> > >
> > > Anything else I should try?
> >
> > The fix is in the cvs.
>
> I suppose :-(, but I got lots of trouble compiling cvs, something goes
> wrong with autogen.sh, I think. Sometimes it compiles, but then xgnokii
> and/or smsd will not work, that is why I went back to 0.6.3. That
> compiled fine and everything worked with my 6110.
>
> Well, I could try a daily-snapshot, maybe I can get that to work.
>
> Aart

I tried cvs again (cleaned the whole dir and got a completely new cvs)
and got it compiled. In ~/gnokiirc:
port = /dev/ircomm0
model = 6610i
connection = irda

gnokii --identify and --monitor work, no others tried.
smsd seems to work

xgnokii gives:

GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate 1073742950 bytes
aborting...

xgnokii compiled on the same laptop from 0.6.3 worked with my 6110

Aart

(N.B. I have different versions of Glib on my laptop, 1.2.10, 2.2.3.
Needed a newer version to get some other programm compiled and did not
want to risk removing the old version because some programs are compiled
against that. One day I think I will have to do a complete update of the
laptop)