Re: gnokii password?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii password?
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 00:54:18 +0100

Hi,

2005/11/5, Max Andersen <address@hidden>:
> I just wanted to test gnokii, before trying it out on one of our
> servers, and I'm lost.
>
> gnokii / bluetooth / 6310 / ubuntu works perfectly
>
> except for......
>
> when connectiong to my phone, my phone asks me if I wan't to accept
> connections. I answer yes, and then comes the tricky part :
>
> it asks for a password. I tried my pin, but it won't accept the phone
> pincode.

The problem is that ubuntu has non working configuration with regard
to bluetooth authentication. The easiest way (not the safest though)
is:
1. Create /bin/bluepin file with the following contents:
#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN:1234"
2. Make it executable:
chmod 755 /bin/bluepin
3. Edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf changing pin_helper variable to /bin/bluepin
4. Restart bluetooth daemons:
/etc/init.d/bluez-utils restart
5. now when you're connecting, use 1234 pin or whatever you used in
the first step.

i haven't looked into ubuntu conifiguration deep enough yet, to know
the better way to fix it (bluez-pin doesn't work the way it is
configured).

take care,
Pawel Kot
http://www.gnokii.org/