Re: Nokia 6610 and serious warning from gnokii after gnokii --identify

From: Aart Koelewijn
Subject: Re: Nokia 6610 and serious warning from gnokii after gnokii --identify
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:11:25 +0100

Op ma, 05-12-2005 te 07:54 +0000, schreef linux:
> Hello,
> Sorry, this function is known to break your phone (Nokia phones series 40 v1).
> Refusing to do it. You may try to use AT driver. If you are brave enough to
> test the driver anyway, please contact developers at address@hidden
> See also http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/3195
> Telephone interface init failed: Command called isn't implemented in model.
> Quitting.
> Serial device: closing device
>
> I will use my 6610 only to connect my laoptop to internet. So the only thing
> need is the moden. I hope it is ok to use this. Can I ignore the warning?

Hello Peter,

I use my 6610i to connect to internet with GPRS. You don't need Gnokii
for that. I also use smsd from gnokii. With that I don't have any
problems with the phone. I had a total breakdown of the phone when
trying to use xgnokii, I reported that (about 1 1/2 year ago) and it was
one of the reasons that warning is in Gnokii now. You could also change
your gnokiirc and change model=6610 to model=AT. You will have limited
functionality then.

Aart