Re: Compiling smsd fails, version 0.6.18

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Compiling smsd fails, version 0.6.18
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:51:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Ari A wrote:

Hi.

> I compiled the smsd from the 0.6.18 package and first time the compile was
> succesfull and I got the smsd working. After that I added some more
> information to logging and the second compile did not succeed. I remember
> seeing some bug about smsd compile failing when compiling it two times in
> a row, but I did not find it any more.

I cannot remember this.

> I get the error "gcc: .libs/mysql.o: No such file or directory" when
> trying to compile the smsd. Can anyone please tell me what "tricks" I have
> to do in order to compile smsd again?

Try to remove all mysql.* files with exception of mysql.c and mysql.h.

> I would appreciate also help on other problem also: Previous version of
> smsd I was using accepted this -t 2 option (smsd started ok and the
> messages it saved to inbox had this "phone" cell value "2"). With this
> smsd version 0.6.18 it does start any more if I use option -t 2, it only
> says something about the resource file, cannot find phone 2. I tried to
> check information for gnokiirc about configuring multiple phones, but I
> did not get how to do it.

In smsd/README:
-t, --phone phone_number
        You can run more instances of smsd. One instance per phone. In this
        setup you must configure phone section in gnokiirc. For example:

        [global]
        port = /dev/ttyS0
        model = 6110
        initlength = default
        connection = serial
        bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
        use_locking = no
        serial_baudrate = 38400
        smsc_timeout = 10

        [phone_1]
        port = /dev/ttyS0
        model = 6110
        initlength = default
        connection = serial
        bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
        use_locking = no
        serial_baudrate = 38400

        [phone_2]
        port = /dev/ttyS1
        model = AT
        initlength = default
        connection = serial
        bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
        use_locking = no
        serial_baudrate = 38400
        smsc_timeout = 10

        In this setup if you run smsd without -t option it will use config
        from global section. If you run smsd with -t 1 it will use config
        from phone_1 and likewise with -t 2 uses phone_2. In case of use -t
        option smsd fill phone number for incoming sms's and in outbox it
        looks only for sms's with the specified phone number in column
        'phone'. This behaviour give you possibility to run one instance
        of smsd for every phone you have at the same time.

jan