Re: Can't --writephonebook on Nokia 6500 classic. --getphonebook works a

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Can't --writephonebook on Nokia 6500 classic. --getphonebook works and write works on an "older" 6510
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:43:47 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Peter Valdemar Mørch
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  I've just purchased a new Nokia 6500 classic. When I try to write the
>  phonebook, I get:
>
>  Write FAILED (Command failed.): memory type: Internal memory, loc: 1,
>  name: Test Contact, number: 1234
>
>  Any ideas about what to do now?

It is really hard to say. There are lot of experiments that can be done:
 - try to save an entry without a number (but for example with the
other subentry type)
 - change the number type
 - read phonebook entry and compare the frame content with the one you
get with failed write request.
These I would say are the first experiments that should be tried.

take care,
Pawel Kot