Re: Can't --writephonebook on Nokia 6500 classic. --getphonebook works a

From: Peter Valdemar Mørch
Subject: Re: Can't --writephonebook on Nokia 6500 classic. --getphonebook works and write works on an "older" 6510
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:04:28 +0100

Peter Valdemar Mørch wrote:
Any new ideas? Do the FirstName and LastName fields need to be "prepared" or massaged somewhere else? Any other ideas?

I take it from the lack of responses, that the Nokia 6500 classic is not
supported. :-( If I don't hear otherwise, I'll update http://wiki.gnokii.org/index.php/Config with the mention that at least --writephonebook on Nokia 6500 classic is *not* supported.

I know, patches are welcome! :-)

But I don't know where to start. I have no idea what a valid write PDU looks like. The same code gnokii code that generates valid PDUs towards my older 6510 gets invalid resonses from the 6500. Are there other nokias that have the same "First Name", "Last Name" fields? Does it sound likely to anyone that this is even the right problem I'm staring at?

I also tried modifying the  models[] table in misc.c and
driver_nokia_6510 structure in nk6510.c to introduce a new "6500c" model
with the right product_name ("RM-265" as actually reported by the
phone), but that didn't work either. (Not that I'd really expect it to, but I'm shooting in the dark.)

What I do have working is Nokia's software running under Windows in a VMWare VM since VMware can access the USB ports. But I'd *much* prefer to use gnokii! ;-)

Peter
--
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com