RE: Wavecom configuration

From: Martyn
Subject: RE: Wavecom configuration
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:03:28 +0100

Gutted, I was hoping that the apt-get would grab the latest version, once I
have sorted this out I will remove and compile the latest as you suggested.

I have moved on a little now, I have it talking but hitting an error sending
a test sms, below is my new config.

[global]
 port = /dev/ttyS0
 model = AT
 initlength = default
 connection = serial
 use_locking = yes
 serial_baudrate = 115200
 handshake = software
 sm_retry = 1
 smsc_timeout = 10
 [gnokiid]
 bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
 [connect_script]
 TELEPHONE = 12345678
 [disconnect_script]
 [logging]
 debug = on
 rlpdebug = off
 xdebug = on

When I try to send the test message
echo "This is a test message" | gnokii --sendsms +44797xxxxxxx -r

I get lots of stuff shoot up my screen but what does stand out is the
following:

Cannot read the SMSC number from your phone. If the sms send will fail,
please use --smsc option explicitely giving the number.

At the end it says:
SMS Send failed (Command timed out.)
Serial device: closing device

So close but yet not sure how close, where should I go from here please.

Martyn