Re: Wavecom configuration

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Wavecom configuration
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:17:56 +0200

2009/9/17 Martyn:

> Cannot read the SMSC number from your phone. If the sms send will fail,
> please use --smsc option explicitely giving the number.
>
> At the end it says:
> SMS Send failed (Command timed out.)
> Serial device: closing device
>
> So close but yet not sure how close, where should I go from here please.

do what the message above says, add --smsc to --sendsms command

--smsc wants the phone number of the service center which is usually
stored on the SIM card and gnokii should be able to read it
automatically, or you can read it with gnokii --getsmsc but in your
case it seems it doesn't work so either put the SIM in a phone and
look up the number in phone menus or ask it to the customer service of
your provider
--
Daniele Forsi