gnomoradio-devel

[gnomoradio-devel] ed2k hash database

From: Sylvain ZIMMER
Subject: [gnomoradio-devel] ed2k hash database
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:12:43 +0200 (CEST)

Yes ed2k is a great network.

I think the database should be able to contain links to files downloadable
with multiple protocols (http, ftp, ed2k, bittorrent, ...)

Take a tour on www.libredb.org , and check one of the sample XML files we
have.
There are three layers :

 * Track : It gets an ID, and it's this ID that is rated in irate/gradio/..

 * File (distribution) : a track can have multiple files (eg. OGG, MP3, ...)

 * Source : A file can have several sources (http, p2p ,... see above)

I think this is the best scheme for this kind of database, and it lacks in
the existing websites like www.commoncontent.org which is good for
finding, but not easy for an automated approach.

I look forward to read your comments !!

Sylvain