gnomoradio-devel

Re: [gnomoradio-devel] An ed2k key/hash database?

From: Alexandre Van de Sande
Subject: Re: [gnomoradio-devel] An ed2k key/hash database?
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:54:27 -0300

very interesting daniele.

It is a interesting idea, but too simple. what bothers me is something
on stumble upon homepage:

"Founded April 2002, StumbleUpon has developed a patent-pending
community-based websurfing system"

Stumble upon is patented, wicth means they are not wanting to anyone
to freely use their code. Best would be to develop a independent open
coded, copyleft program specifically for our needs, that could be
adopted in many softwares, like

1-colaborative filtering for music (like gradio and irate)
2-colaborative filtering for wepages (like stumble upon)
3- colaborative filtering for anything somebody thinks about it (news,
videos, friends, messages, blogs, anything)

But thanks for showing me stumble upon, i didn't know it.

Alexandre

Don't care for poor language grammars, care for communication