gnoppix-www

[Gnoppix-www] Re: Problem with webpages

From: Andreas Leitgeb
Subject: [Gnoppix-www] Re: Problem with webpages
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:02:13 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 07:13:31PM +0200, Sven Herzberg wrote:
>   Seems to be a bug in firebird and opera. Works with mozilla 1.4-2 and
> snapshot from mid-june as well as firebird and IE on the windows machine
> at work. wontfix
           ^^^^^^^
I'm unhappy to read this.

Locking out people based on their browsers is something I was
previously only used to see happening in Redmond.

Free software websites usually preferred the guidelines:
 "best viewed with your eyes" or "designed for any browser"

Especially, as it is very easy to fix.  I took some time to
analyse the problem and included my diagnostics in my report.
This is what I'm referring to:
> > It seems to be tables' style-attribute (two tables have it):
> >   style='height:100%'
> > Removing that, makes the pages scrollable down to the end of text.

>   Despite that, it would be nice if you could provide us with
> screenshots the next time.

Although I considered my report was concise enough, there are now two
screenshots at:  <http://www.logic.at/people/avl/tmp/>
which show a little cosmetical problem (top.jpg 30k) (for completeness
sake - doesn't really hurt me) and the originally posted problem
with scrolling down (bot.jpg 50k) of the Faq-page.

What does this height-attribute gain on other browsers, btw?

--
Andreas Leitgeb