[Gnu-arch-users] Re: today's merges

From: John Goerzen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: today's merges
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:26:22 -0500

Andrew Suffield <address@hidden> writes:

>> Sure, but most people don't do that, so they're left wondering how arch
>> solves the "repeated merge problem" like it advertises.
>
> I think you'll find the set of users who want to solve this problem is
> fairly small.

As one user looking at arch for the first time, I'd have to say that
star-merge and related features are the *only* reason I'm looking at
it at all.  That is, if you removed those features, you would have
something that is less useful to me than alternatives like
Subversion.

Note that just because I say "only reason" doesn't mean that it's an
insignificant reason!

-- John