Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Some "How Do I" questions
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 13:18:30 -0400

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 21:16, Miles Bader wrote:

> The category it's in is called `tla-tools':
>
>    address@hidden
>      tla-tools
>        tla-tools--devo
>          tla-tools--devo--0
>            base-0 .. patch-32

Wow, there's some cool stuff in there!

I am looking at tla-cvs-sync now.  It looks pretty interesting.
Just one minor thing I noticed; tla-cvs-sync needs to use mktemp or it
is insecure on multiuser systems.  This is fixed in:

Archive: address@hidden
Location: http://arch.verbum.org/arch

address@hidden
  tla-tools
    tla-tools--mainline
      tla-tools--mainline--1.0

        base-0
          tag of address@hidden/tla-tools--devo--0--patch-33

        patch-1
          respect tmpdir, use mktemp if available

Now...I'm not sure I understand how it works.  Does it expect the cvs
directory to be based from the same branch as your main development
branch?  What I have is a totally separate --cvs branch, and a
--mainline branch where I do all my work.  Then I just star-merge
between them.

So to do arch->CVS, I do
 cd /path/to/rhythmbox-CVS && tla star-merge rhythmbox--mainline--1.0
tla commit -L 'merge from mainline'
# copy first part of output from `tla changelog` into the ChangeLog file
cvs commit -m 'output from tla changelog goes here'
tla commit -L 'update ChangeLog'

cvs->arch is just a star-merge.

How do you do things?