[Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: DARCS
Date: 07 Sep 2003 11:24:47 +0900

Mirian Crzig Lennox <address@hidden> writes:
> To me, Darcs has more of a feel of a research paper and accompanying
> reference implementation than a production-quality piece of software.

Did you ever try out the `Lout' document processing system?  If you read
the guy's papers, you think `WOW, this is great,' but if you actually
try to use it, it suddenly starts to get really annoying...  as you
might expect of a research project, he seemed to have spent all his time
worrying about the text formatting algorithms but hardly any thinking
about basic usability issues.

[No, I've never used darcs, so I'm not suggesting anything about it;
 I've just always wanted to bitch about Lout :-) ]

-Miles
--
80% of success is just showing up.  --Woody Allen