Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for an Icon

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Call for an Icon
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:52:13 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Michael Grubb <address@hidden>

    > And since I am no artist I was wondering if some of you may lend some
    > assistance/commentary.  Tom, is this ok with you?

I could use some custom art for the www.gnu.org/software/gnu-arch page
as well.

Your shark idea, referencing CVS-as-fish, won't make as much sense as
CVS fades into history :-)

Not that I don't like sharks, or anything -- might be neat.  And a bit
like a GNU, it has the advantage that you can make a shark a character
that you can put in various poses and contexts.

"arch" doesn't suggest much that's interesting & maybe-funny/clever &
visual to me (the architectural feature or the shape -- well, yawn).

I guess the "requirements document" for an icon should be something
like: "You know, arch folks look at it and say ``Yeah, that's the
one.''"