Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs *huge* memory usage [was: Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2]

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs *huge* memory usage [was: Re: ViewARCH-0.0.2]
Date: 12 Sep 2003 07:54:27 -0700

On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 07:40, address@hidden wrote:
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > you need cscvs--experimental--1.1
>
> Maybe I was wrong.  I have now had time to try the next step and it
> doesn't work:
>
> cscvs totla -i 1 /projects/ARCH/Work/address@hidden/mozart
> /projects/ARCH/Work/address@hidden/mozart
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/denys/bin/cscvs", line 250, in ?
>     retval = main(sys.argv)
>   File "/home/denys/bin/cscvs", line 236, in main
>     try: callSubcommand()
>   File "/home/denys/bin/cscvs", line 89, in callSubcommand
>     Runner.getRunner(config, module).run()
>   File
> "/projects/ARCH/Work/address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.1/modules/Runner.py",
>  line 53, in run
>     apply(self.target, self.args)
>   File
> "/projects/ARCH/Work/address@hidden/cscvs--experimental--1.1/cmds/totla.py",
> line 354, in totla
>     catalog.open(config.cat_path)
> AttributeError: 'Catalog' object has no attribute 'open'
>
> Any ideas?

Yes.  Forget about "importing" your CVS history into tla.  I think it's
a lost cause in general with little particular redeeming value.

Why do you want to do that?  The history is still there, and accessible
through CVS like it always was.  You've not "lost" anything to just
import your latest sources and go from there.

Bob