Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating default naming conventions for an archive

From: Zack Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Creating default naming conventions for an archive
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 07:06:53 -0700

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 01:11:40AM -0700, Dustin Sallings wrote:

>       Is it possible to override the default naming conventions?  There
>       are a few things I'd like to have in mine that not everyone would want.

Edit {arch}/=tagging-method. The regexes are listed there. The tutorial gives
a pretty nice explanation of the ideas involved. Note there are multiple
'types' of files that are recognized, and a hierarchy by which a file may
match any one of those types. You should probably read that section of the
tutorial before attempting to modify =tagging-method.

I imagine most projects will have their own customizations. I believe it
can also be used to finesse the situation where you want to compile the
tree within the source directory. But that could get messy.

Be well,
Zack