Re: [Gnu-arch-users] making a public mirror

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] making a public mirror
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:51:39 -0700

On Monday, Sep 15, 2003, at 02:04 US/Pacific, Andrew Suffield wrote:

"One archive per person" is a good rule of thumb - and then you just
apply other people's changes to yours as necessary. Unlike some other
revision control systems, in arch this is not appreciably harder than
if everything were in the same archive.

You'll eventually understand why this is _preferable_ to working in
the same archive after you've used it for a while.

The part that I don't understand is how you deal with a large number of developers. Well, not even large...for example, my group at work has five people in it. If we only have read-only access to each others' archives, does that mean that each person is responsible for integrating all of the changes from everybody else? If so, that seems like it would be a bit of a burden.

--
Dustin Sallings