[Gnu-arch-users] Remote archives

From: Christian Lynbech
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Remote archives
Date: 16 Sep 2003 17:39:09 +0200

I am some troubles in setting up my own remote archive with read/write access.

I doing quite a bit of travelling currently and I have in the past used
CVS as a great help in keeping files synchronized between my main home
directory and my laptop. I would like to the same with tla.

I can use the local archive with no problems, and I have also with
success fetched versions from the archive to my laptop, but I have so
far failed to commit a new version.

I am using the ftp access method and I keep getting the curious error
message

        attempt to modify archive that has only read-compatability

which is not just saying that I have permissions problems, because
that gives error output from the ftp session.

So the question is: what exactly is wrong with my archive access and
what should I have done in order to set up the archive?

Christian Lynbech       | email:  christian #\@ defun #\. dk
                                        - address@hidden (Michael A. Petonic)