Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Remote archives

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Remote archives
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 06:47:38 +1000

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 02:03, Robert Anderson wrote:
> The solution is to tag the categories you want into a new archive and
> then continue using a consistent (I recommend the latest 1.1) version of
> tla.
>
> You might want to file a bug on Savannah that the message gives little
> hint about how to proceed.

There is an easier route:

Follow the upgrading an archive recipe I posted (it may even be on the
wiki).

Roughly speaking its:
1) Make a mirror of the archive to upgrade with the new tla:
tla make-archive -m <old archive> <some temporary location (A)>
(use -l if needed)

2) Make the new archive the primary registration.
tla register-archive -d <old archive>
tla register-archive <A>

3) Test you can build a full revision library from that archive. -
rename your existing revision library, and use library-add for each
version that is in the library.

4) rename the remote archive, and then move A to the remote location
where the old archive was.
5) reregister the archive
tla register-archive -d <archvie>
tla register-archive <final location>
tla register-archive -a <archive>-MIRROR

HTH,
Rob