Re: [Gnu-arch-users] replay vs. update

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] replay vs. update
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:21:42 +0200

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 07:27:22 -0400, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 10:03:21AM +0200, Jan Hudec wrote:
> > For applying non-conflicting patches order does not matter, so they are
> > exactly equivalent.
>
> Which changesets are applied can be different, if there are gaps in the
> sequence of previously applied changesets.  I guess what update does is
> equivalent to using the --new option with replay (which is what update
> actually does in some cases).

Update will get actual revison, but will revert whatever was reverted
before (because latest revision of tree is simply highest numbered
patch-log present).

The help does not seem to describe well enough whether replay would
apply these patches. It should, because whats-missing would report them.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>