Re: [Gnu-arch-users] pristine-trees

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] pristine-trees
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:55:58 +0100

Teemu Ikonen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've just started trying out arch (tla) in the last few days and have found
> it extremely neat. However, there's one thing that disturbs me:
>
> Whenever a project tree is constructed from the archive, a verbatim
> copy of the source tree is made under the
> {arch}/++pristine-trees/... directory.  This interferes pretty badly
> with recursive grepping of the source tree, yielding two matches for
> every unique match in the original source. This much is of course
> just an inconvenience, but some projects which use extensive
> scripting in their build process actually fail to build when the
> ++pristine-trees -directory exists.

Yeah, it's on the TODO list.  Rather than using recursive grep (or
anything else), you might want to try various invocations of "tla
inventory".  For example, "tla inventory --source | xargs grep -l foo".

One day pristine trees will go, though.  You're right that they get in
the way quite a bit.

[...]