Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Ruminations on Arch Desiderata

From: Doran Moppert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Ruminations on Arch Desiderata
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:52:40 +1000

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 09:36:16PM -0700, Paul Snively wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 09:37  AM, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > [The application and relevance of this to arch is left as an exercise
> > for the reader. Note that archive registration isn't really a huge
> > issue compared to some of the other challenges]
> >
> Wholeheartedly agreed. So leaving archive registration aside for the
> moment, do we have any kind of short-list of issues to tackle?

in this case, would you mind going off list, at least until you've read about
tla-grab and worked out some specific goals?

I don't like to flame, but DNS-SD, mDNS are _not_ relevant to arch as they
deal with network-layer services. Another layer (a "well-known URL", if you
can interpret that in the same way as "well-known service") will join that to
tla grab and then you're back on topic.

(on a positive note, I look forward to seeing tla grab married to a standard,
lower-level service and the concept maturing as a result)

D.