[Gnu-arch-users] Re: get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?
Date: 18 Sep 2003 18:07:46 +0900

Robert Anderson <address@hidden> writes:
> tla get-patch [revision]
> tla show-changeset [dir]
>
> Is that an inconsistency, or is the "patch" considered the physical form
> of a the more abstract "changeset," or something subtle like that?

It's definitely something I'd like to fix while we're in the
renaming-stuff-is-OK phase... :-)

[I kinda like `patch' because it's short, but it seems too easy to
confuse with the more ordinary sort of patch file; changeset seems at
least clear and distinctive.]

-Miles
--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff