Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: get-patch/show-changeset -> inconsistent or no?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:17:38 -0400

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:45:16PM +1000, Damien Elmes wrote:
> Though I'd probably prefer the commands be grouped by
> category-action, rather than action-category - ie:
>
> cset-show
> cset-get
>
> This is how some commands are arranged, but not others, ie add-log vs
> log-ls. Emacs has the same problem with consistency in its commands. I
> think if there was a standard approach, it'd be a bit easier to pick
> up the commands / remember them.

I like the `verb-object' form that seems to be used for the majority of tla
commands (kind of like lisp :-), but I don't really think the minor amount of
inconsistency of having e.g. library-add is a very big deal (I guess because
the various `library-' commands seem much more strongly connected with each
other than the various commands that deal with changesets).

-Miles
--
Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them.