[Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] fixing make

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [OT] fixing make
Date: 20 Sep 2003 08:37:25 +0900

Samuel Tardieu <address@hidden> writes:
> I like your proposal except the first point, which is not backward
> compatible. Or use yet another special notation such as
>
>   target<>: dependencies
>
> to note that you want the rules to be compared and recorded.

I don't think it's the sort of incompatibility that would bother anyone
-- Makefiles are very rarely changed, and since this errs on the side of
safety, it's probably the right thing for most cases (nothing like
beating your head against a `bug' that turns out to be a compilation
inconsistency...).

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.