[Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: UI change proposal: *-tag -> *->id
Date: 20 Sep 2003 08:47:55 +0900

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
>     > tla link
>
>     > That seems to fit intuitively to all use cases, to me.
>
> I very much like that having failed at searching for the right word.

That sounds good to me; it seems to exactly capture what's going on
(to tell the truth, something does feel sort of funny about the term
`link', but I can't find any logical reason for this feeling, so I'll
chalk it up to familiarity with the old term).

My current thought is that it's best to change both -- still change
tag->id for file ids, but _also_ change the `tag' command to `link'.

> My current concern is the tutorial.  As I mentioned to miles, I'm
> halfway through a big update to it.  Any change such as that requires
> tutorial updates not only to the "code snippets" that mention command
> names, but also to the english text that builds on the command names.

It's fine with me.  The changes I'm proposing are very surface level, so
I don't think any real rewriting is required, just a few search-replaces
and a check to catch any oddities.

[But it's probably a good idea to wait until you're finished with your
current tutorial changes -- so please post a note when you're done.]

Thanks,

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche