Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders

From: Ethan Benson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:57:55 -0800

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 06:23:16PM -0400, Miles Bader wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 01:54:41PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > IMO there should be a tla mv and tla rm which behave like mv and rm.
> > then leave tla move and tla delete as is (move tag only).
>
> This seems like a potentional distinction between `tla move' and `tla
> move-tag/move-id' -- the `tla OP' commands do something to both the file and
> the tag/id, and the -tag/-id form simply operations on the file-i.

except that move-tag and delete-tag were already junked again in favor
of just delete and move.  (iirc anyway).

i just think if that move/delete are to start behaving like mv and rm
(in that they actually do something with the files, instead of only
the tags) we should call them mv and rm, its more natural.  saves more
typing too.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/