Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more feature request reminders
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 16:02:35 -0700

On Sunday, Sep 21, 2003, at 15:23 US/Pacific, Miles Bader wrote:

IMO there should be a tla mv and tla rm which behave like mv and rm.
then leave tla move and tla delete as is (move tag only).

This seems like a potentional distinction between `tla move' and `tla
move-tag/move-id' -- the `tla OP' commands do something to both the file and
the tag/id, and the -tag/-id form simply operations on the file-i.

        From a commandline completion point of view, I would prefer

tla move -- perform all typical operations people will want to do when moving a file.

        tla move --tag-only -- Move only the tag, not the file

        The fewer separate logical commands, the better, IMO.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>