Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call for

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call for testers
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:28:58 -0700

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 00:01 US/Pacific, Charles Duffy wrote:

So... if you'd care to give the thing a try, I'm anxiously awaiting your
flames, patches and bug reports. And contributed documentation.
*Especially* contributed documentation. :)

I didn't realize this was so actively developed. I picked it up a couple of days ago (this branch, around patch 25) and have been using it as part of my weaning off of CVS.

        I have a few comments:

Python 2.3 seems to be required. I'm running this on OS X, which has 2.2 installed, but it's missing a core module (sets) that is needed.

        Sqlite and its python module seems to be required.

                http://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/
                http://pysqlite.sourceforge.net/ (closed to protest software
patents)

The last is something I've been meaning to get around to, but if you're maintaining a TODO, this would be a great addition: I think the changeset summary should be derived from the commit message. Something like the first sentence or x characters, whichever is shorter.

        I know I'm behind, but this is awesome work.  :)

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>