[Gnu-arch-users] Re: situations where cached revisions are not so good

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: situations where cached revisions are not so good
Date: 24 Sep 2003 18:11:20 +0900

Stig Brautaset <address@hidden> writes:
> > Someone recently asked me to add a cached revision for my emacs archive,
> > which according to the conventional wisdom would make sense, since
> > there's quite a few changesets in there.
>
> There's an option to push-mirror to not mirror cached revisions, so you
> can have the best of both worlds. :)

Actually, that doesn't help at all, it's an entirely orthogonal problem.

The problem I'm having has to do with whether using a cached revision is
the best thing for a _user_ of an archive, which varies depending on the
user's environment (plus details of the source tree involved), not the
server's.

-Miles
--
Run away!  Run away!