Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant on inode sigs.

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant on inode sigs.
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:49:53 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: David Brown <address@hidden>

    > I'm running tla--dev--1.1 from a few days ago.  Unfortunately, I just
    > blew away the tree, or I'd tell you exactly which patch.

    > This is getting from a localmirror of address@hidden

    > When I tried a fresh get of address@hidden/dists--dev--1.0 and
    > the devo.tla config underneath, it died with a "too many open files"
    > error after a bunch of patches.

    > I was attempting to checkout from the mirror, and cache some revs back.

    > Any ideas?

The "too many open files" bug existed in the head revision for a day
or two -- I suspect that you are building with one of those revisions.
You can work past it by using tla-1.1pre5 to get the very latest.

The invariant violation would be a bug and one I'd like to nail.
There's a _small_ possibility that goes like this:

        *) there was such a bug -- but I caught and fixed it before
           pushing my mirror

        *) nevertheless, there are some revision levels in the archive
           where that bug exists

        *) perhaps you grabbed the sources _while_ i was pushing my
           mirror, so you got the bug, but not the fix

If that isn't it -- then it's a second bug with the same effect.  In
that case, I'd very much appreciate getting a reproducible instance of
it.