Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant on inode sigs.

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Botched invariant on inode sigs.
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 10:14:21 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: David Brown <address@hidden>

    > > $ tla get address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0
    > > * from archive cached: address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0--patch-32
    [....]
    > > * patching for revision: address@hidden/dists--devo--1.0--patch-38

/home/davidb/wd/dists--release-tla--1.1--patch-5/src/tla/libarch/inode-sig.c:165:botched
 invariant
    > >     !str_cmp (this_tag, already_have)
    > > PANIC: exiting on botched invariant

    > Let's see if I can do enough to reproduce this.  It only seems to happen
    > when the archive is accessed as files.  If I sftp the archive, it
    > doesn't show up.

    > I have a mirror of address@hidden that I'm getting from.

    > I used an older version of tla to get the latest tla--devo--1.1 patch
    > and build it.

    > I get the same message as above, except, inode-sig.c:167 instead of 165.

    > Let me know if you want me to try something.

Well, I'm unable to reproduce the problem.

When you say you have the latest head of tla--devo--1.1, which
revision do you mean?  As I said, between times when I pushed my
mirror, there were some revisions with a bug with those symptoms.  It
seems unlikely that you're running at one of those patch levels, but
so far that seems the most plausible explanation.  (i.e., what does
tla log-ls -r --full | head -1 say in the tla tree you are running).